Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rain

It is raining some here this morning. We are thankful for the rain. The farmers need it to grow food for their families, as well as try to make a profit on extra food, as well. The temperatures have cooled off some, so that is nice.

There have been storms that have knocked out our internet connection periodically. It can take up to a few weeks to get back on-line again. Hopefully that won't happen today.

We enjoyed a nice 4th of July celebration with other missionary families here. We had great bbq (not something common here in Ghana), as well as a little baseball and time to visit with others.

I'm 35 1/2 weeks along now. We still are not sure on the gender of this new one. We need to find some names. In Ghana, most folks wait at least a week or longer before naming their baby. Often there will be a big ceremony in church to name the baby. Maybe we should follow suit?

1 comments:

Jackie Sue said...

Joel & Hollie, I think that is a very special way to name our children. wish we would of known about that...jackie

Please tell Colt that Ms. Jackie said hello and I think about him and Abigale and when I do I remember what a gentleman Colt always is. Ask him if he remembers the day I saw him at the Water Lily Garden. I make some pictures of the Water Lily's and have framed them on my wall. That's why I am reminded of him everytime I pass by the pictures...