Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Hubby Needs Prayer

I know we have not posted anything in awhile. We enjoyed so much having Bonnie and Cindi here. Bonnie taught school for me and Cindi worked at the hospital. How great it was to have dear friends here.

Abigail is potty trained and we are happy about that! She is a big girl now! :)

Joel enjoyed his time at the Christian physcian's conference in Kenya at the same time that Cindi and Bonnie were here. We were happy to have him home.

Today Joel was only able to finish one surgery case because he was suddenly in a lot of abdominal pain. It seems likely he has a kidney stone. He has been given pain meds. Please pray for him.

That's it for now. Let us hear from you by commenting here or by emailing us. We'd love to hear from you. We like to know who reads our blog. It is fun to know.

10 comments:

Farris Family said...

We miss yall so much!!!! I hope Dr. Dickens feels better!!!! Praying for you! Luv Eve

Marcos said...

I am here in Ghana also and I just prayed for your family. God is in control and he will take care of your husbunt. I hope to see you all next time I come.
Marcos
www.pioneermissions.org

Raley Family Blog said...

Praying that Joel feels better soon. Sounds like you did have a great time with Cindy and Bonnie, I am so glad to hear that Joel made it back safely and that he had a good time at the conference. Yeah for Abigail :)

OhK-Booth said...

I will definitely be praying. I am so glad your time with Cindi and Bonnie went well!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Praying for Joel.

MattOFreeman said...

Dr JD,

I am praying for you. I just sent you an email. When you get a chance let me know your thoughts.

Lots of love from deep in the heart of Texas.

Matt Freeman

Julie Zesch said...

Hey Hollie and Joel and family,
We're praying here. So glad you had Cindi and Bonnie, what fun. Blessings to you all,
Julie

Julie Zesch said...

Sweet Dickens family,
Praying for Dr. Joel. So glad you had friends. Ya'll be blessed.
Julie

Hector Guerrero said...

Dear Joel and Hollie,

Thank you for your blog and we pray for healing for Joel. Thank you for the work you are doing in Ghana. It inspires me in the Lord. Love in Christ, Hector, Annette and Family.

Jessica Coats said...

Hey Hollie, we are praying for Joel! I cannot imagine that kind of pain! Glad he made it back home :) If you are able to nail down a time to visit I would love to do that! It wanted to visit this week and realized I just do better when i set something up. Russian class is going well. Their teaching mentality takes a while to get use to though. Met w/ some students last night and was encouraged by how much I could understand, but was not able to reply the way I wanted to. Please pray for us as we make a decision about what church to attend here. I would really like to meet someone I can go walking with - exercise is not very fun or motivating to do inside. I have been reading a book called, The Praying life by Paul Miller and it has been super encouraging for me! Have you read or heard of this book? Love you! ~jess