Monday, October 20, 2008

Preparations for Ghana

Quick Post-We leave San Angelo on Nov 13th and fly out of D/FW on November 16th for Ghana. This is a country in West Africa. We are committing to about two years initially and will see how the Lord leads from there. We still have much to do in getting ready to leave. Joel will be working at a mission hospital in Nalerigu, Ghana. This hospital is partly run by the International Mission Board (IMB) under the Southern Baptists. We believe Father called us go to this area to work at this hospital, but to go on our own instead of under any organization. We thank you for your continued prayers. I hope to blog more once we get to Ghana.

We are only taking a small number of black trunks by air freight. So we need discernment as to what to take. Toothpaste, kids' clothes and flip flops (for two years), a large jar of garlic, school books-these are just a few of the items we will be taking.

Click here to go to a map of Ghana. We will be north of Tamale.

3 comments:

merritt said...

It's amazing that you are leaving soon. For so long this was your vision, but now it's reality.

What the weather like in your city? Will you have internet access consistently?

Joel/ Hollie Dickens said...

Merritt, Thanks for your comments. I hope to have answered your questions with other posts. Ask more questions whenever. We're happy to answer them. How are you?

merritt said...

When I come up with questions, I'll be sure to post them. I hope you had a good time seeing my parents this weekend. I know they are going to miss you guys.

DC life is going well. I'm having a much better year at the middle school level, and I actually enjoy my job this time around! Brett stays busy with his firm, but not so that we can't do lots of fun things together on the weekends.

We're praying for you guys.