Monday, June 15, 2009

This is the first time I've been here at the school house in several days. We've had an eventful last few days. I started having early, regular contractions late last week. I was also already dilated a bit. I'm 32 weeks pregnant. Joel put me on moderate bed rest, as he says that is just as effective as complete bed rest. He gave me a series of steroid shots over a couple of days to help with the baby's lungs in case the baby was born early. Those shots really slowed me down over the weekend. (If a pregnant 39 year old woman living in the heat of Africa can be slowed down anymore?) Joel was off, so I did get to rest quite a bit. That was nice. The baby didn't move nearly as much on Saturday, either. At our weekly meeting Thursday night, the missionaries prayed over the baby and me. That was very good.

But the contractions are much less frequent now. So that is good. The baby is moving much more again. I'm ready to finish getting these steroids out of my system, but thankful to have the use of them, if needed. 32 weeks is just too early for a baby to arrive anywhere, especially here where things aren't set up as well for early babies. I had early contractions with Abigail starting at 35 weeks. So, this is just a bit earlier than with her.

Joel will go to Tamale tomorrow with some others to get us food and other supplies. The trip is just a bit much for me at this point. (It's the city that is three hours away on somewhat rough roads where we buy many of our groceries.)

Overall, we are doing well. Colt has a little school to finish in language and math. Then he'll be finished. We will have him read over the summer. I'd like to work on his piano lessons some, as well. He's actually missing that now since he's had a long break from doing the lessons now. Abigail is learning new words all the time and is such fun. Joel has had a busy last two weeks. I think it will be a good break for him to get away from the hospital tomorrow.

Thanks for your prayers.

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Praying Hollie..

Julie Zesch said...

We're in prayer here for you Hollie. I know God is in control and has you and the babies best interest in mind. Father, we thank you for your protecting hand and we station your angels around Hollie and the baby. Thank you Father for Hollie's body functioning in the perfection that you created it to function and for total, perfect development to take place in the womb.
Blessings,
The Zesch gang

RZ said...

Oh my goodness I didn't realize that you were so close all ready it seem like the time has flown by. I love you guys and will be praying.
Annie

terriw said...

praying for you and your precious little one. love you...